Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is the technology of choice to streamline business operations and reduce costs.
Automation has become an integral component of digital transformation strategies for enterprises around the world. Specifically, today robotic process automation (RPA) is the technology of choice to streamline business operations and reduce costs.
Robotic process automation (RPA) is getting a lot of attention. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is being touted as the next big IT revolution that will take cost out of business by allowing enterprises to automate many tasks, such as claims processing or credit analysis. Robotics Process Automation (RPA) is the use of software agents or "robots" that are programmed to perform repeatable, rules-based tasks in business processes.
Robotic process automation (RPA) is growing and rapidly gaining traction as understanding of the technology and its benefits is increasing within organizations. The demand and expectations for automation have become more elevated than any other skill in the market today.
Key benefits customers can expect from leveraging robotics process automation include:
- Speed up processes to increase productivity and efficiency
- Free employees from simple, repetitive tasks to do higher-value work
- Increase accuracy
- Ensure better regulatory compliance
- Be better equipped to scale up or down
- Improve speed to market
- Enable 24x7 workflows
- Reduce costs for customers / increase margins for service providers
RPA is a set of concepts and technologies designed to intelligently automate repetitive business, industrial, and other tasks.
- Financial Services: RPA can be used in financial services sector for automating the tasks including account closure and opening, managing audit requests, foreign exchange payments and insurance claims processing.
- Accounting: RPA can be used in operational accounting, general accounting, transactional reporting, planning and budgeting.
- Human Resource Administration: RPA can automate HR tasks in organizations including onboarding and off boarding tasks, time sheet submission processes, updating and amending employee details and so on.
- Healthcare: There are many areas in healthcare sector which RPA can play a significant role. This includes patient care record handling, claims, underwriter, account management, customer support, billing, reporting and analytics.
- Supply chain management: RPA in supply chain management involves automation of order processing and payments, procurement, monitoring inventory levels, and tracking shipments to ensure on-time delivery of materials.
- Customer Service: RPA can play a key role in redefining the customer service experience by automating the contact center tasks including uploading the scanned documents, verifying e-signatures, verification for automatic approval or rejection recommendations and so on.